2023 NWCCC Conference with Jack Graham $60
Registration Now Open!
Saturday, November 11 1-5 PM
Calvary Lutheran Church
2415 S 320th St. Federal Way, WA
Click Here for Map
Keynote Speaker: Jack Graham
“For me, the experience of immersing myself in the location is just as important as the photograph. As a photographer, my mission is to make images that depict my emotions and relationship to my surroundings and through the creative process. My prior life as a professional musician overlaps in the creative sense with my photography.”
Jack Graham is a professional nature photographer now living in Seymour, TN, close to the beautiful Smoky Mountains. Prior to his recent move to Tennesee, Jack was based near Puyallup, WA for many years and continues to lead workshops in the Pacific Northwest as well as other parts of the US and the world. Jack leads small groups and one-on-one photography workshops. He conducts annual workshops at the Pacific Northwest Art School on Whidbey Island.
Jack co-hosts the popular photography podcast We Talk Photo with John Pedersen, interviewing well-known photographers including Tony Sweet, Joe McNally, Gay Tal, and Brooks Jensen.
Jack will be presenting two talks on Saturday:
“Becoming an Artist, Not Just Another Photographer”
- Why do we love making photographs?
- Why do I love making photographs?
- Why not work to become an artist, not just another photographer? The “Art of becoming an Artist”
- Let’s define the roadblocks, that when conquered, will stimulate the artist in you.
- The “ART” of Becoming an Artist
- “Getting There” …Why creativity is primary within artists. How artists think.
- Avoiding the Pitfalls.
- Making yourself different and remarkable.
- Moving to your “Next” Level and what it takes.
“Seven Principles of Design in Photography”
A discussion with images to describe these seven principles Jack believes successful images must possess and how they tie together.
Winners of the 2023 NWCCC Print, Digital, and Slideshow Competitions will be announced.
Sunday, November 12 through Thursday, November 16.
Online classes include:
- Aaron Hockley Creative Aspects of AI Tools Available for Photographers such as Luminar, Photoshop…
- Derrick Story Infrared Photography
- Allan Walls Extreme Macro Photography
- Sharon Tenenbaum Architectural Photography
More instructors and schedule to be announced.
All classes will be recorded and made available until March 31, 2024.